Friday, May 31, 2013

I Don't Play With Toxins


http://alphamom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/baby-chemical-watch-outs-2.jpg





I will admit, I have always had a touch of the OCD, but nothing really going off the deep end, or that’s what I like to tell myself. I am also a self proclaimed germaphobe. Indeed, if you sneeze or cough around me, you will find me lifting my shirt up around my face and running away from you unabashedly so. When it comes to food, I definitely prefer healthier varieties of “clean” eating. Sorry, but can I just say that watching people eat fast food makes me yak. Yes, to each his own, but I still shake my head at you…lovingly of course. 

What am I getting at here? I have always placed an emphasis on my personal quest for healthier living, but becoming a mom has made me crazed with avoiding toxins, especially when it’s anything that comes near my baby. 

Since having a baby, a whole new depth of knowledge has opened up for me. Do you realize baby products widely harbor toxic ingredients? I think as consumers we assume baby products would be safe. What? Compromise mine or my child’s health to commodify and profit, they wouldn’t, would they? Yeah they WOULD. 

The Government doesn’t require any chemicals to be tested for safety before new products hit the store shelves even. If you have a baby and even if you do not, I can bet you anything I have that you are currently using a lot of product brands you would assume to be playing by the rules, looking out for your best interest, right? The sad fact is they aren’t.  A lot of the ingredients in these products are super scientific with fancy chemical jargon. They make me yawn before I can finish attempting to pronounce them, but they are covertly working away at making sure we have a lot less birthday parties.

Effects of using products laced with hidden toxins have been linked to breast and prostate cancer, early-onset puberty, and polycystic ovary syndrome just to name a few little oh really’s.

Basically, these chemicals are in EVREYTHING people! 

My wish for you is to also start your own journey into really deliberating over what you’re using in your home, on your body or on your babies. 

What do you say!? YOU and ME toxic FREE! Yes, I have some nachos for that cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment