Monday, June 24, 2013

Am I just an easy target?

 



Over the weekend, I attended a family baby shower thrown by my husband's half of the family. Many of this side of the family have never met my baby girl, and for sure have not seen me, probably even before having her. Everything was going swell until we bumped into one of my husband's aunts. She has literally only met me one time, and it was at my wedding of all places.

I must add here, his family and I aren't exactly close knit and that's pretty much my preference.Nothing really happened to cause so much space other than the fact that I am glad there is space. Back to the his aunt, "Cruella Deville", as we approach her and she begins to say hello to my husband and my baby, she seems to miss saying hello to me. My husband asks, "Do you remember my wife?"

This is where it gets CRAZY... "OH", she says, "I didn't realize that was her, she's so heavy now."  

WHAT, what, WHAT?! I was exaserptated someone could be so obtuse and spout something so excruciatingly RUDE. I was very disappointed in her comment, especially because I am just about 10lbs more than she saw me last. I had a baby 8 months ago, and I am working on it and it just wasn't right to hear someones idiotic diarrhea of the mouth on the topic...sorry my body didn't just bounce back like a champ for her. 

I cannot decipher what was the point of her rudeness, but I guess it really doesn't matter. I just know I am spending way too much energy obsessing over it and I need to let it go! Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment